Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Family


Family is so important in all of our lives, yet we tend to take advantage of those we love the most. I love this picture, I just wish Ricci was in it. We had gone to dinner at El Matador, my fav, and then headed over to the park and let the kids play. I think we had more fun there than the kids did, and they had a lot of fun. I will forever remember this night. You go about your day to day activities and worries and the phone call you miss doesn't seem too big of a deal , you can always call back later. My family is so strong and close. They all have been a rock and an inspiration to me my whole life. We Smith's tend to stick together no matter what, something our mom and dad imbedded into us since we were little. I have so many memories as do all of us of family, through good times and bad. I have been lucky to have such a family that not only includes my immediate family, but a bunch of extended and friends that are just as close as family and in my mind just as important. I plan on sharing stories of such family and I love these blogs to share them with my family. Well that's my soapbox for the night. I was just having one of those days where I needed to share my feelings. Aren't you all lucky to be apart of it!!!!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Well thanks a lot! I miss you even more now! I love that picture and I inserted Ricci right in it. We are very lucky to know the importance of family in our lives. Your family is one of the reasons why I want more children. I want my kids to have their own "people", the kind that hang around forever! I want them to have family parties with more than 4 people there. I want to have "Smith" family gatherings. (Well probably not THAT many Smiths, but you get my meaning!) I love you baby!

Ricci said...

I miss all of you so much! I love that picture. I love our family too, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Once you are away from it, you realize how lucky you are. I feel very lucky to have such a great family. Love you.

Holdstocks said...

seeing that picture makes me wish that I had more sisters or even brothers to share my life with, but I'm grateful for what I do have. It is amazing how your friends step in when you don't have the big famiy and become your family.
I love ya and hope to see you soon.

Steph said...

I love that picture!! I think about posting about that night all of the time!! It was so much fun. It is really weird to have you and ric so far away...I really miss my whole family!! We are so luck to have each other...what would we do if things were different?? Love you.

Amy B. said...

Hey Shelby...it's Chris and Amy Barton...we found you off of Tami's blog..It's good to see you and your fam..come see us..I'll be blog-hopping you later!